Helping You Keep the Lights On
There’s nothing worse than being in the middle of an important task and losing power. Not only is your property suddenly without light, but a prolonged outage could result in any refrigerated food spoiling. Additionally, the darkness can leave you more accident prone as you stumble around in the dark to find objects or make your way through your home. Suffice to say, a prolonged power outage is something you want to avoid. Fortunately, our experienced electricians at Centennial Plumbing, Heating & Electrical have the solution. We can install generators which will immediately supply your property with electricity in the event of a power failure.
To learn more about your options for generators in Saskatoon, call (306) 500-1296 or contact us online.
Selecting the Right Generator for You
At Centennial Plumbing, Heating & Electrical, we install two types of generators: backup and standby.
Backup generators are considered portable units. Should the power go out, you will need to immediately power up your backup generator’s engine to get it running. Once it is powered on, it will supply your electronic appliances and devices with power via cords. You will have to get a generator that has the capacity to withstand the number of electrical devices you need to hook up to it.
On the other hand, standby generators are permanently installed on a concrete patch outside your home and monitor your utility power automatically. When the power goes out, it instantly disconnects from the utility’s wires and supplies your devices with power so you’ll experience as minimal disruption as possible. When the utility’s power is restored, it immediately reconnects to those wires.
Why Generator Installation Is Important
Some people depend on electronic devices for survival. For example, if you have someone in your household that relies on electronic medical equipment, you need to ensure that it is always connected to a steady power supply. Additionally, if anyone is sensitive to certain temperatures, it’s important that you have the ability to control your HVAC equipment and thermostat to ensure their comfort and health. It also reduces the risk of fire because you won’t need to rely on lighting a bunch of candles in order to see.
The benefits of a standby generator include:
- Cost savings: Because your power is immediately diverted to the generator in the event of an outage, you won’t have to worry about wasting any food or replacing malfunctioning equipment caused by a power loss. Additionally, a standup generator costs much less to run than many other forms of backup power.
- A safe and convenient option: Sometimes other backup power options result in toxic exhaust fumes due to how they are powered. With a standby generator, it is installed at a safe distance away so you won’t have to worry about any fumes posing safety threats. Additionally, you won’t ever need to worry about refueling because a standby generator connects directly into your home’s gas line.
- It is theft proof: Due to its weight and the fact that it’s hooked up directly to your gas line, it’s rather difficult for anyone to uproot these units and steal them.
The Advantages of Routine Generator Maintenance
We only use our generators in emergencies, so we most often discover something is wrong when it is too late.
That is why we recommend getting routine maintenance once a year, during which our Saskatoon generator technicians will:
- Inspect your unit for any external damage
- Perform a test run to ensure that everything is working as it should
- Check for any leaks
Call Today for Generator Services in Saskatoon
At Centennial Plumbing, Heating & Electrical, we care deeply about all of our customers and work diligently to exceed their expectations. We will listen attentively to your concerns and work with you to come up with a viable solution that fits your needs and budget.
Get in touch with us today by calling (306) 500-1296. We will provide you with upfront, honest pricing.