Under Cabinet Lighting in Saskatoon
Upgrade Your Kitchen Aesthetic Today
Many homeowners spend considerable time in their kitchen whether they’re cooking, entertaining guests, or enjoying a nice meal with their family. This means that the lighting you have plays a tremendous function—it helps you see while you’re prepping, cooking, and cleaning. Not only that, but the lighting in your kitchen contributes to its overall aesthetic. Sometimes, kitchens are not equipped with adequate lighting. If you’re looking to improve the functionality and design of your kitchen, consider installing under cabinet lighting. At Centennial Plumbing, Heating & Electrical, we have a variety of options you can select from. Our Saskatoon under cabinet lighting specialists, we will always keep your best interests in mind. Instead of working for you, we work with you to come up with feasible solutions that will leave you satisfied.
Improve the look and function of your kitchen. Call (306) 500-1296 or contact us online to get started.
Types of Lighting & Fixtures We Install
When it comes to under cabinet lighting, you have a myriad of options to choose from. It’s best to assess your lighting needs and the function you want the additional lighting to have and work from there.
At Centennial Plumbing, Heating & Electrical, we typically install two types of under cabinet lighting fixtures: strips and pucks. Strip lighting is good for when your cabinets are dropped from the ceiling. We will place the strips above and below the cabinets. If you wish to highlight a certain area in your kitchen, puck lighting may work better.
Depending on the quality of light that you want, our Saskatoon under cabinet lighting experts can install:
- Incandescent lighting: These are the cheapest bulbs, but the downside is that they are the least energy efficient. These bulbs are nice because they cast a yellowish hue and they last around 1,000 hours.
- Halogen bulbs: These bulbs are typically used for direct or spot lighting. They produce a clear and crisp white light. While they tend to last a while (2,000-6,000 hours), the downside is that they can produce quite a bit of heat. This might not be great if your kitchen already overheats when the stove is on.
- Florescent lighting: These lights cast either a blue or yellowish hue and can add nice accents in your kitchen. They are an energy-efficient option and can last anywhere from 5,000 to 20,000 hours. The downside to this option is that they cannot be dimmed.
- Xenon lighting: This is essentially incandescent lighting, but with xenon gas so the bulbs last longer (2,000-10,000 hours). The light it produces is comparable to the yellow hue of standard incandescent bulbs.
- LED lighting: This is the most energy efficient option and these bulbs tend to last the longest (25,000-100,000 hours). They produce a high-quality white light. The only downside is that they can produce a considerable amount of heat.
The Benefits of Under Cabinet Lighting
At Centennial Plumbing, Heating & Electrical, our Saskatoon under cabinet lighting experts will work with you to help you design and install the perfect system.
In addition to help you see better while you cook, there are a host of other benefits of installing under cabinet lighting, including:
- It will lower your energy bill: Whether you install LED lighting or any other type, it will still save you money in the long run because you won’t need to light up your entire kitchen just to see while you cook your food. Instead, you can just rely on the under cabinet lighting.
- It is a great selling point: If you’re looking to sell your home, under cabinet lighting is a great feature to have. It creates an open and inviting kitchen that will attract buyers and increase the value of your home.
- It will create less shadows: Without under cabinet lighting, standing at your countertop can create a shadow that occludes your vision while you cook. Under cabinet lighting makes it so that you’re not standing between the light and the counter thus increasing visibility in your kitchen.
- It can add ambiance: The simple addition of new lighting in your kitchen can dramatically change its overall style and appearance. This adds tremendous value to your overall home aesthetic.
Make Your Kitchen a Safer & Brighter Place
If you’re interested in improving the lighting in your kitchen, Centennial Plumbing, Heating & Electrical is here to assist you. Our Saskatoon under cabinet lighting specialists are equipped with the latest tools and methods, so you can rest easy knowing you’ll receive nothing but superior craftsmanship.
We offer upfront and honest pricing. Give us a call at (306) 500-1296.