Saskatoon Leak Detection & Repair
Assisting Customers for Over 50 Years
Your pipes are integral to the operation of your plumbing system. Commonly hidden within your walls, under the floorboards, or in infrequently accessed areas of your home, it’s easy to forget about your pipes when everything is working as it should. Because they’re not as easy to see or reach, it’s often difficult to notice when there’s a problem, such as a leak or broken pipe. This can lead to costly water damage and a major waste of water. Fortunately, Centennial Plumbing, Heating & Electrical offers quality leak detection and repairs in Saskatoon. Whether it’s a dripping faucet that’s disturbing you or something more severe, you can rest easy knowing that our experienced plumbers will get to the root of the problem and provide you with an effective solution.
To schedule service, call (306) 500-7392 or contact us online today.
Signs You Have a Leak
There are times when a plumbing leak will be obvious. It’s hard to ignore the incessant drip of a leaky faucet when you’re trying to go to bed at night. However, other times it might night as easy to identify. For this reason, it is important that you are aware of the signs of a plumbing leak.
These signs include:
- Low water pressure
- An unexplained spike in your water bill
- The sound of running or trickling water when your faucets are turned off
- Soggy spots in the yard
- Damp spots in the carpet
- Mold and mildew growth or the unbearable stench of mold
- Pooling water in areas where there shouldn’t be
When you call our Saskatoon leak detection specialists, we will arrive with the necessary equipment to pinpoint the precise location of the leak and get to work to repair it. Rather than breaking down your walls to access your pipes, we can perform noninvasive inspections using state-of-the-art electronic technology, such as thermal imaging, snake cameras, and more.
Common Causes of Leaks
Considering how much use your plumbing system gets on a daily basis, there will come a time when your pipes will wear out. As your pipes age, they will become more prone to damage and corrosion, which leads to leaks. Additionally, any clogs in your drains or toilet can put excess pressure on your pipes, causing a leak to form. Lastly, some of your piping exists beneath your home, which makes it susceptible for tree root intrusion. As trees grow, the roots seek moisture and will, on occasion, penetrate pipes in search of water. This can cause a quite severe leak to form.
The Importance of Quick & Effective Leak Repairs
Discovering that you have a plumbing leak can be a stressful experience, but any property damage a plumbing leak causes can make the stress even worse. That’s why it’s important to call us for a thorough inspection and repairs as soon as possible.
Without immediate action, your leak may result in:
- Wasted water: From tiny faucet leaks to larger scale issues, a plumbing leak can lead to gallons of water waste if not handled quickly. This will cause your water bill to increase.
- Mold and mildew growth: Mold and mildew thrive in moist environments. Therefore, any pooling or standing water will produce the perfect environment for these fungi to grow.
- Damage to your walls: Because your plumbing exists within your walls, any leak has the potential to destroy your drywall and cause the entire structure to weaken or completely collapse.
- Damage to your flooring: Due to gravity, any time you have a leak, water will be pulled to your floor. Depending on the location of the leak, this water can become trapped under your floorboards, beneath your tiles and slabs, and more. Eventually this can cause the foundation of your home to begin to crack.
Get Expert Leak Detection & Repairs in Saskatoon Today!
At Centennial Plumbing, Heating & Electrical, we care deeply about all of our customers and work hard to provide them with the quality service they deserve. Rather than providing quick fixes, our plumbers are dedicated to getting to the bottom of the issue and providing lasting solutions. We will always arrive on time and treat you and your property with the utmost respect.
Get in touch with us today by calling (306) 500-7392.